1.7. Engine start from the auxiliary power supply
Use of the auxiliary power supply will help to make engine start in an extreme situation, however then it is necessary to find out and eliminate the reason of a discharge of the battery. Number of the most typical reasons treat:
- Carrying out numerous unsuccessful attempts of start of the engine, or leaving of lighting devices included for a long time at the idle engine;
- Violation of serviceability of functioning of system of a charging (weakened or the driving belt of the generator is torn off, electroconducting is damaged, or the generator is faulty);
- Malfunction of actually storage battery (electrolit level fell, or there was an accumulator service life).
At performance of start of the engine from the external power supply it is necessary to pay attention to observance of some special precautionary measures:
- It is not necessary to try to start the engine from the frozen storage battery, - previously warm up it;
- Engine start from the auxiliary power supply should be made only at the cold power unit and the catalytic converter;
- It is not necessary to carry out start by means of the device for the accelerated charging of the storage battery;
- Before connecting the auxiliary battery, make sure that ignition is switched off;
- Use only cables with sufficient cross-section section and with the isolated plugs;
- Track, that all consumers of the electric power (lighting and heating devices, screen wipers, etc.) also were switched off;
- Put on protective gloves and points;
- Make sure that the auxiliary battery on the target tension corresponds to the established;
- If as the auxiliary power supply the battery established on other vehicle is used, track, that cars did not adjoin with each other;
- The donor car engine, should work at single turns;
- Make sure that transmission is established in the provision of neutral transfer (RKPP) or in the situation "R" (AT);
- From the discharged battery remove ventilating covers and cover openings with rags.
- Connect the end of one wire (usually red color) to the positive plug of the sat-down battery or to plusovy contact in an impellent compartment. The second end of this wire connect to the positive plug of the auxiliary battery.
- One end of the second wire (usually black color) connect to the negative plug of the auxiliary battery or to a weight point (the top fastening of a forward rack or the block of cylinders). The second end of a black wire connect to reliably earthed point on the block of the started engine (a bolt or an arm), whenever possible far away from the battery.
- Make sure that connecting wires do not adjoin to moving components in impellent compartments of both cars (a krylchatka of the fan, driving belts, etc.).
- Supporting frequency of rotation of a cranked shaft of the donor car at level of 2000 rpm, execute standard procedure of start of the engine of the car with the discharged battery then let's to it work some minutes on the raised turns.
- For the purpose of prevention of throws of tension at the moment of a detachment of electroconducting include a heater of back glass and the heater fan, then disconnect wires, operating as it should be, the return to an order of their connection. Do not forget to establish on the battery the removed ventilating covers.