1.3. Identification numbers of the car
Process of continuous improvement of let-out production is a distinctive feature of any line production. Thus, except for cases of large constructive changes of models descending from the conveyor, results of process of updating in the operation manual on the car are not shined. However the manufacturer makes out number lists of let-out spare parts in view of what special value upon purchase of the last is gained by information coded in identification numbers of the car. Ordering a detail, try to provide to the seller fuller information on the car. Surely report the model name, year of release, and also number of a body and the power unit.
Arrangement of identification numbers of the car
On factory øèëüäå such as the car the model and number of a series of the car, full weight, the maximum admissible weight and loads of forward and back axes of the car are specified.
The number VIN consists of 17 symbols, its interpretation is given below on an example:
- Country manufacturer: W-Germany; 4, 5 - the USA;
- manufacturing company: B-BMW Germany; U-BMW USA
- Car type: A, S - passenger; X - universal;
- Model range: G-735iL, 740i, 740iL, 745i, 745iL, 750i, 760iL;
- Model: F-740i (1995 ? 1998); G-740i (1999 ? 2001); H-740iL (1999 ? 2001); J-740iL (1995 ? 1998);
- Body type: 2-750iL; 4-740i, 740iL
- Car type: 3, 4, 7 - passenger;
- Safety systems:
1-Belts and safety cushion of the driver;
2, 3 - belts and safety cushions of the driver and the forward passenger;
4-belts and additional safety cushions of the driver and forward passenger;
- Control VIN symbol
- Year of release: R-1994, S - 1995, T - 1996, V - 1997: Y-2000, 1-2001, 2-2002;
- Plant: A, F, K - Munich (Germany); B, C, D, G - Dingolfing (Germany); E, J, P - Regensburg (Germany); L-Greer (South California, USA); N-Pretoria (South Africa);
- — 17 Serial number of the car.